Thursday, March 26, 2015

Rebecca's Airplane Busy Book

Today's quiet book, made by Rebecca from the blog Hugs Are Fun!, is really cute and awesome. A lot of quiet books are made for traveling, whether for road trips or airplane flights. Rebecca made this book for a trip she took with her daughter, and she used the whole airplane experience as the theme! The book walks through all the stages of going on an airplane - there's a dress up page from the girl's suitcase, a matching shapes airport security page (and funny and cute security x-ray page!), a name-spelling ticket page, a seatbelt buckle page, and a page where you count the animals in the airplane's windows. (And the animals are adorable, by the way.) Even the cover has a little activity - you can slide the plan across the map, from one destination to the other. It's all so cute and I love the theme. Please, enjoy!


Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
Rebecca. I am a stay at home mom who dabbles in all things crafty.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they? 
I made this for my daughter for a flight we took when she was 18 months old. She's now 4 and has been playing with it a lot!

What's your level of sewing experience? 
Beginner.

How long did it take you?
I don't even remember. I made it over the course of about a couple weeks working during nap time.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found? 
I didn't, I made it all up. How did you bind your quiet book? I had 4 page spreads and sewed the edges to attach the pages together.

What material are the pages made out of? 
The pages are all cotton fabric.

What other materials did you use? 
Felt, velcro, paper, buttons, buckle, ribbon, zipper.

How much did all the supplies cost you? 
I used a lot of things I already had, I probably spent $10-15? I don't entirely remember.

What's your favorite page? Why? 
I love the x-ray page, I think it's so funny. I wanted to do different aspects of travel and doing the security checkpoint seemed like a neat and interesting thing to cover.


To see Rebecca's busy book on her own blog, with more explanations of each page, click here: Hugs Are Fun!: One Time I Made An Airplane Quiet Book.

Thank you so much for sharing your super cute quiet book with us, Rebecca!

 
Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment