Monday, May 19, 2014

Kristen's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Quiet Book

We're really lucky living in southern California that we get to go to Disneyland once in a while. In fact, just in the last couple months (because we went a couple times when we had family in town) my daughter's been able to go four times. She's two-and-a-half, and the first time we went she was a bit nervous about the rides. But now having been a couple times, the last time she went she was requesting all the different rides she wanted. She loooves Disneyland and asks almost everyday to go there. Sorry, kiddo. :)

So I'm really excited to show you today's quiet book - a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse book! Made by Kristen for her niece, this quiet book has a Mickey Mouse glove that you can lace, a flower page, a laundry page with a Mickey outfit, a Minnie outfit, and a Donald outfit, a shape and color matching page, a Minnie Mouse page with interchangeable bows, a cupcake counting page, a dog collar buckle page, and an Oh Toodles "I spy" page.

This is such a cute book and a great idea for a theme. Enjoy looking at all of Kristen's pages!


Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence.
Kristen; I have a serious case of wanderlust.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?
I made this book for my 2 year old niece for Christmas.

What's your level of sewing experience?
What would you call the level between beginner and intermediate?

How long did it take you?
I tried not to let it get too out of control. It took about 3 weeks working between other projects.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?
She loves Mickey's clubhouse and I couldn't find anything like that so I put my own twist on other ideas. Some of the pages I followed the idea, some I made up, and one (the laundry page) completely copied other than what the clothes are. For the flower/laundry page I used  Hardy Life: Quiet Book Pages, Pops and Podge: Quiet Book Page 4 - Do Some Laundry. The Minnie interchangeable bows are from here: Little Miss Stitcher: Minnie and Daisy.

How did you bind your quiet book?
For the cover I used this idea roughly:   Girl Inspired: The End of the Quiet Book Sew-along.

What material are the pages made out of?
Just cotton fabric with felt between to make it more sturdy.

What other materials did you use?
Mostly just felt.

How much did all the supplies cost you?
About $10 for felt, zipper,velcro, and vinyl. I had everything else.

What's your favorite page? Why?
The Oh Toodles page, because I'm impressed that I could tie it into the theme.


Thank you for sharing your super cute quiet book with us, Kristen!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

1 comment: